Contact lenses are so much fun! They can be a great addition to your lifestyle. It is important to realize that contact lenses are classified as a medical device, and if fit or worn improperly, can lead to ocular complications including permanent blindness. However, if they are fit and worn properly, they can give you increased freedom for your many life activities: fitness, sports, recreation, travel, photos, special events, etc.
There are many contact lens designs, materials, and powers currently on the market as well as many replacement styles (daily disposables, 2 week, monthly, and custom). In most cases, this allows us to fit and prescribe contact lenses that meet your vision needs and desired comfort, while also keeping your eyes healthy.
Contact Lens Fittings that we specialize in:
- Single Vision Soft (spherical and toric)
- Multifocal or Monovision Soft
- Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP)
- Scleral and Semi-Scleral
- Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT)
- Keratoconus Specialty
- Post Surgical Specialty
New to contact lenses?
Thinking about trying contact lenses but not sure what to expect? You don't have to worry. Our experienced team will walk you through the process from start to finish. The contact lens exam includes discussing your goals and expectations, attaining measurements for a proper contact lens fit, and then selecting trial lenses so you can experience the comfort and vision before deciding if they are right for you. We also teach you how to insert and remove your new lenses, and how to properly care of them. Once your new contact lenses are providing the correct comfort, fit, and vision…. we will finalize your new prescription for visual versatility and freedom.
For your safety
- It is important to wear safety glasses over your contact lenses when in potentially hazardous environments; for example, mowing and yard work, mechanical work, sports involving small balls such as racquetball, etc.
- Unless your contact lenses are designed for extended wear (overnight wear)….. you should not sleep in contact lenses. Sleeping in contacts increases the risk for eye infections and can cause permanent corneal damage and potential blindness.
Schedule your contact lens fitting today
Schedule a contact lens fitting with us today in Mount Vernon, Ohio. We look forward to seeing you!