The importance of eye exams
Your natural healthy eyes are simply amazing, and the vision you have with them is irreplaceable. Since you can not replace your natural eyes it is imperative to take good care of them. Periodic and comprehensive eye exams are an important part of maintaining your good eyesight and ocular health.
Over time, eyes naturally change shape which cause normal prescription changes. In order to maintain clear and comfortable vision, it is necessary to measure the amount of change and update eyewear to match those prescription changes. Not updating or wearing prescription eyewear (when needed) can cause symptoms including: blurred vision, eye strain, eye fatigue, trouble focusing, headaches, and tiredness.
In contrast, many ocular conditions and diseases initially develop without any noticeable symptoms, and often, patients will not experience any discomfort or change in vision until later stages. An eyesight test is the best way to find, diagnose, and treat these conditions in their earliest stage. Regular eye care is critical, because many eye conditions—if not diagnosed and treated early—can cause irreversible long-term effects.
Your eyes are amazing and your vision should be also
We provide comprehensive eye exams including:
- Refractive (spectacles and contact lenses)
- Healthy routine
- Emergency red eyes
- Foreign body removal
- Dry eye
- Disease management
- Keratoconus management
- Surgical referral and co-management
How often should you have a comprehensive eye exam?
- Ages 0-2: Ideally between 8-12 months, to diagnose any conditions that will affect development.
- Ages 3-5: Every 2 years, to diagnose any conditions that will affect development and correct before starting school.
- Ages 6-18: Yearly, due to growth and frequent prescription changes.
- Ages 19-60: Every 1-2 years with normal health.
- Ages 61+: Yearly, due to ocular changes and increased risk of disease.
- Diabetic or Systemic Disease: Yearly (minimum), due to higher risk of ocular complications.
- Contact lens wearers: Yearly, due to medical device requirements.
At Amazing Eyes Family Vision, we think better vision means a better life. Vision is something people often take for granted, but it is vital for living, learning, and development in children and adults. A regular eye test is a simple way to keep your eyes healthy and your life full!
Contact us today to schedule an eye exam in Mount Vernon, Ohio. We look forward to seeing you!